It’s time to build up your blog section with authentic articles in order to add value to your users’ lives. Besides taking into account what your audience is interested to read on your blog, you also have to consider optimizing the article for search engines.
For doing this, you need to start first with your keywords research and include long-tail keywords into the message you are going to convey. To get the traffic you desire, acknowledge your users about the post they are going to read, writing MAGNETIC TITLES. So, after you finish writing your post, focus on the title in such a way that your users are eager to click and ‘get tipsy’ with the brilliant information.
Discover what tools you can use to write great titles and get at the heart of your audience.
Titles can be written in different forms for search engines (meta title), users and social media platforms. Titles do not have to contain the same keywords or have the same structure on Google, Facebook or Pinterest, but their character length has to be respected. If you need clues about the optimal length for SEO title tag, blog headline or social media channels, check this infographic data on Buffer Social.
A good title can attract the right visitors and once they become interested to read your post, you can convert them into clients. To have this done, you need a well-optimized article with a focus on the main idea. Also, you need a smart anchor text and the necessary URL towards the product’s landing page.
This post will not be about how to optimize an article to increase conversions. But if you want to have a better understanding of this subject, have a look at 9 Content marketing steps to optimize your article for top ranking’ can be helpful.
Today, I will show you 8 tips on how to write a compelling title for your article using 8 free tools to accomplish the mission.
- Check how other bloggers have approached the topic you chose in order to have a clear understanding of the order search engines rank pages. Simply, write in Google search box the title you think is the most suitable for your article and analyze the results. Look at the other sites to see what keywords are in the title and what the page is all about.
- If you have already researched your competitors and got a set of pages with similar topics, use Meta Tag Extractor tool. It helps you acquire a better view of the other sites’ titles, meta descriptions and meta keywords. It is nice that you can download a CSV file and have your work efficiently organized. Below it’s an example with a few pages and their titles and descriptions that belong to BeEMK – Be E-marketing site.
- Write down the main keywords of your article in order to compose an exciting title. With only 3 keywords, Blog Topic Generator offers you title suggestions so you can write fancy titles. It is not compulsory to have more than one keyword in the title, it matters to be the right one people are searching for.As shown in the example, you have to fill in the fields with three nouns (1-2 keywords on each row) so the algorithm will come up with 5 relevant blog post titles. The fields were completed with: ‘title ideas’, ‘title suggestions’ and ‘title generator’. Look what interesting titles the software has found!
- When you use tools that suggest titles for your post, it does not mean you have to copy them; instead, they can be useful for you to think of a real title. This very ingenious Title Generator Tool offers titles based on what you want to blog about. All you have to do is to fill in the blanks with your own keyword and select the most appropriate titles from among the given options. When you have finished choosing your titles, ask the software to send by e-mail the titles saved: ‘Email Me My Titles!‘.
- With Content idea generator, you can create inspired headlines that click by entering 1-2 keywords and choose the title that best fits your article. It is interesting the fact that the words in the headline are explained in a funny way.
- If the tools presented above are not enough to handle title task, then this Title generator for sure will give you many title ideas. More importantly, they are organized by categories and the number of titles presented is huge. For sure, this tool will be an inspiration for you to create amazing future posts. All you have to do is to write in the box the keyword of your article and analyze the results. Because I want the article to be about ‘killer titles’, I wrote the keyword in the box and I received plenty of suggestions to choose from, as follows:
- When you are done with your article’s title, you can make a last check to find out how engaging your title/headline is. Try this incredible tool that analyzes titles giving it scores for quality, engagement and impression.
- After you have decided how the title that defines your article sounds, don’t forget to write also a description of your page. Verify with Snippet Optimizer how search engines will show the meta elements of your blog post and optimize them properly. And here we have an example of this article ‘Master the art of click-worthy titles that convert with 8 tricks‘; we can see a simulation of how title tag, meta description and URL are listed in SERPs (search engine results pages).
You think this article is helpful for your colleagues, friends, family to have work done in time and without stress? Then, please share it with them!