Every start-up is built on outreach strategies and digital insights to make product visible. How it grows and develops is dependent mostly on its founders’ mindset and digital techniques they apply.
You may be wondering whether to expect your customers to come to you or not. The truth is you have to pull them in. But have you thought about how to achieve this pulling?
Nowadays, when launching a company, start-up founders and growth marketers approach distinctive and outlandish techniques. They are important for catching users’ attention and selling their products.
To grow a start-up with limited resources is not a job everyone can accomplish. Especially at the beginning, you need to find original outreach strategies that will propel your business towards growth and success.
Marketing, PR and social media are used to drive awareness, attention and communication. But when you look at marketing from a different angle, you don’t need to spend lots of money on advertising.
You’re free to combine unique offline with online methods that bring in your loyal group.
For sure, a data-driven approach will help your business evolve in the online world.
When you develop a fantastic product, you test it before and after launching. Understand your users’ reactions and how willing are they to buy your product is the backbone of your outreach strategy. Because you have to look at what works and doesn’t.
You know, it’s better to attract a few hundred or a thousand key people, then millions. To get your customers to notice your product, there is a multitude of outreach strategies you can apply.
So, have a look at the list below to find your outreach secret and connect with your core audience.
1. Dare to win your target market’s admiration through inventive and creative outreach strategies
As a start-up founder, your task is to get involved in the process of customer acquisition, retention and optimization. Once you get the results expected, your brand will grow naturally.
When talking about launching a start-up, the awareness stage is often omitted in the first years.
But when it comes to generating leads and sales (like signing up, completing contact forms, making phone calls, buying your product) brainstorm for approaches that don’t feel like marketing. They must generate a huge difference in your sales.
Being technical, analytical and innovative it’s how you’re going to acquire and win initial clients for your start-up.
However, the most successful techniques are those that you apply and bring meaningful results. Before implementing your strategies, you need to find a reliable way to track and measure them.
In case they are not successful as expected, harness what’s useful. And refine your techniques until you drive better results. In this way, you can create the tactics that make your digital product famous.
2. List of outreach tactics to help you build original and effective ones for your start-up:
– build your platform and network before launching your product. Think of an e-mail outreach strategy to introduce your product to your potential clients.
Consider designing a well-presented and engaging landing page with product features and benefits. Then, through a call to action, invite potential customers to be the first to try it.
– look after the right target audience on specific websites (blogs, forums, PR sites, social media groups) that approach similar topics like yours.
These are the places where you can make your product known. Through articles, news, posts, banners, or mentions in their content.
– contact bloggers, individuals, or influencers you think they might be interested in your product. Partner with top-class sites, businesses, apps and anyone who has an audience similar to yours.
Also, you can look after reporters who write stories about products and brands like yours. Invite them to use your product for free. Some incentives can work great to create online buzz and in the media.
– convert users into evangelists for your product by giving them special and additional offers.
You need to have a truly useful product to determine them to share positive news about their experience with your brand.
– create a waiting list to arise users’ interest and get them into the sales funnel. Drive sign-ups through an interesting interface and a demo video of your product.
An invite-only feature can make your product sound exclusive and incredibly desirable. So, it lets your users know that there are many other users in front of them on the site’s waiting list.
– organize and host online events your public may want to participate in. Share quality information about your product and how it can make their life easier.
Get insights about their reactions and opinions about your product. Find out how open are they to keep in touch with your product. Then move your users into the next step of the sales funnel.
– register your product on Google Play and App Store if it is an app. Make sure it offer new and irresistible features everyone is waiting for.
With a well-written description, fancy logo and true reviews you can attract many users that turn into loyal customers. Try platforms and apps that others haven’t tried yet as a way to make your product known.
To have your product passed around find that core reason users should share your product and the digital technology that makes it viral.
– create a referral program to attract online partners in that can sustain you in promoting and selling your product. Offer percent from sales or a viral referral feature like a gift card.
Or build a referral campaign through which you encourage your actual users to let their friends know about your product. Incentivize them to make your product known to their network.
– make a post on social media and invite users to try your product for FREE. When the trial period ends, send an e-mail and ask them if they want to have your product for a longer period.
If they say yes, extend the trial period. Now it’s a good moment to send an invitation to leave their feedback in the post’s comment section.
– send your users a catchy e-mail to rate your product/app/service. Give an explanation about why you’re asking them to do so.
– develop viral features that drive users’ adoption and make them engaged.
Then, if they are happy with using it, they’ll talk about your app/product on social media. Or share it with a colleague/friend that might need it.
3. There is a science behind virality
The aim of these techniques is to create social buzz/reactions and send highly targeted traffic to your site.
So, make your start-up known through inspiring and moving digital ideas directed at a specific public. As we can see, it can be a video or incentive program. Those types of outreach strategies trigger people to spread your product.
Indeed, depending on the outreach strategies you choose to get your product in front of the right audience. Your business becomes productive or not.
No matter how you combine those strategies, don’t forget to:
– optimize internal processes and procedures;
– make your site useful and simple to use;
– implement automated notifications, reminders or alerts;
– teach your potential customers how to use your product/service;
– establish the most important landing page metrics to convert traffic into sales;
– monitor, retain and optimize customer experience;
– optimize incoming traffic;
– define and constantly improve your service until users are satisfied with using it;
– build user bases through popular platforms;
– transform lost users into active customers.
4. A well-constructed product grows itself without too much advertising implication
Receiving positive behavioral responses from your users leads to products that advertise themselves. Guess what. Users that become your customers and are happy using your trendy product drive the word of mouth.
A growth mindset is needed not only in your personal life but also in your digital marketing activity.
Certainly, you need to have your advertising already built into your offer. Thus you can reach your customers organically and let them know your product is worth sharing. Then sustain this process through advertising campaigns and tools that enable online spreading.
In the case of a start-up, dedicating your time and effort to lead generation can prove useless sometimes. But if you focus your attention and resources on the leads you’re already generating. You can transform your users into lifelong users. In this way, your business can become scalable and generate constant cash flow.
To conclude, an outreach strategy is anything and everything that grows a business. Of course, the choice is yours. How you bring people into your sales funnel, how you track success and how you optimize your product around your users’ needs.
If you find this article relevant for your digital needs, copy-paste this link and share it with your partners/colleagues interested in online marketing. In this way, you help us grow our digital community BeEMK – Be E-Marketing. Thank you!