Outreach marketing tactics ideas | Make start-up product visible
CONTENT MARKETING SEO BRANDING
Most start-ups that manage to promote their product(s) and make it visible are based on outreach strategies and digital data and insights. How your business grows and develops is dependent mostly on your midset as a founder and how you combine and apply all these digital marketing ingredients (techniques).
Nowadays, when launching a company, start-up founders and growth marketers approach out of the ordinary and remarkable techniques and strategies to catch users’ attention and sell their products.
Maybe you expect potential customers to come to you but actually you have to pull them in. Have you thought about how to achieve this pulling?
To grow a start-up with limited resources is tough job founders struggle with. Especially at the beginning, the effort is considerable when it comes to promoting your business and attract the right target market. Even so, to get your business on the road to success, you can rely on creating and implementing practical outreach marketing strategies.
Thus if you want to drive awareness, engagement or establish communication between your brand and potential customer you need to bring marketing, PR and social media together.
You’re free to combine unique offline with online methods that bring in your best customers
A data-driven approach will help your business collect the data you need to develop ROI focused strategies and evolve both in the online and offline worlds.
When you develop a fantastic product, you test it before and after launching. Understanding your users’ reactions and how willing are they to buy your product is the backbone of any outreach marketing strategy. You gain data to look at and find out what works and doesn’t. It'll help you find out how your future digital campaign will look like and differentiate it from the previous one to make it successful.
You know, it’s better to attract a few hundred or a thousand key people, than millions. So, to get your customers to notice your product and make it visible in your market, there's a multitude of outreach marketing tactics and strategies you can apply.
Have a look at those outreach tactics ideas designed to help you build your outreach methods to make your product visible and connect with your core audience.
But first let's consider the following:
1. Dare to win your target market’s admiration through inventive and creative outreach strategies
As a start-up founder or digital marketer your task is to get involved in the process of customer acquisition, retention and optimization. Once you get the results expected, your brand will grow naturally, but at the same time, your involvement must remain active.
When talking about launching a start-up, the awareness stage is often omitted in the first years. But when it comes to generating leads and sales (like signing up, completing contact forms, making phone calls, buying your product) brainstorm for approaches that don’t feel like marketing but tactics and methods that generate a huge difference in your sales.
Being technical, analytical and innovative it’s how you’re going to acquire and win initial clients for your start-up
To discover the most successful outreach techniques that bring meaningful results for your start-up, find a reliable way of tracking and measuring your digital campaigns.
In case they are not successful at the beginning as expected, harness what’s useful. And refine your techniques until you drive the results you desire. In this way, you can identify and integrate into your outreach plan the tactics that can make your digital product famous.
2. List of actionable outreach tactics to help you build original and effective ones for your start-up:
1. GUEST BLOGGING: reach out to niche sites with the aim of contributing with your content and getting do-follow backlinks to your site
– contact bloggers, individuals, or influencers you think might be interested in your product. Partner with top-class sites, businesses, apps, and anyone who has an audience similar to yours.
2. INVITE INFLUENCERS TO TEST YOUR PRODUCT: contact influencers you think might be interested in your product to test and promote it on their site to their audience
– convert users into evangelists for your product by giving them special offers and letting them know first the news about future products/features launches
3. WRITE TRUE REVIEWS: ask people (bloggers, influencers, B2B) to write a true review about your product/service on their site with a link to yours
You need to have a truly useful product to determine them to share positive news about their experience with your brand.
4. REGISTER ON RELATED PLATFORMS: Add your site on community/catalogs/directories sites and post details about your company/product
– look after the right target audience on specific websites (blogs, forums, PR sites, social media groups) that approach similar topics like yours. These are the places where you can make your product known by adding your own relevant material (articles, news, posts, banners, comments, or mentions) and answers.
– in case your product is an app, register it on Google Play and App Store. Make sure it offers new and irresistible features everyone is waiting for. With a well-written description, fancy logo, and true reviews you can attract many users that can turn into loyal customers. Try platforms and apps that others haven’t tried yet as a way to make your product known and popular.
5. E-MAIL OUTREACH: Invite users/customers by e-mail to try or rate your product and share their experience with their friends. Offer them an incentive/reward/discount. Give an explanation about why you’re asking them to do so.
– build your platform and network before launching your product. Think of an e-mail outreach strategy to introduce your product to your potential clients. Design a well-presented and engaging landing page with product features and benefits. Then, through a call to action (CTA), invite potential customers to click on the button and try first the product.
- look after reporters who write stories about products and brands like yours. Invite them to use your product for free. Some incentives can work great to create online buzz and in the media.
OTHER OUTREACH IDEAS:
6. ORGANIZE AND HOST ONLINE EVENTS your potential clients may want to participate in; ask them to invite their friends. Share quality information about your product and how it can make their life easier. Gain a perspective on their reactions and opinions about your product. Find out how open are they to wanting to have your product close.
7. CREATE A REFERRAL PROGRAM to attract online partners that can sustain you in promoting and selling your product. Offer percent from sales or a viral referral feature like a gift card.
8. BUILD A REFERRAL CAMPAIGN through which you encourage your actual users to let their friends know about your product. Incentivize them to make your product known to their network.
To have your product passed around find that core reason users should share your product and the digital technology that makes it viral.
9. MAKE POSTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA and invite users to try your product for FREE. When the trial period ends, send an e-mail and ask them if they want to have your product for a longer period. If their answer is positive, extend the trial period. Now it’s a good moment to send an invitation asking them to leave their feedback in the post’s comment section or on the product's review page.
10. DEVELOP VIRAL FEATURES that drive users’ adoption and make them become engaged. If they're happy with your product's promise, then they’ll talk about it on social media. Or share it with a colleague/friend that might be interested in using it.
– create a waiting list to arise users’ interest and get them into the sales funnel. Drive sign-ups through an interesting interface and a demo video of your product. An invite-only feature added to your website can make your product sound exclusive and incredibly desirable. So, it lets your users know that there are many other users in front of them on the site’s waiting list.
3. There's a science behind virality
The aim of these techniques is to create social buzz/reactions and send highly targeted traffic to your site.
It's time to make your start-up known through inspiring and constructive outreach ideas directed at a specific public. As we can see in the examples mentioned above, those types of outreach marketing tactics can help people get in contact with your product, understand its essence and determine them to spread your product's unique selling proposition (USP).
Depending on the compatibility of the outreach strategy with your product, your business becomes more or less productive.
No matter how you combine those strategies, keep in mind to
– optimize internal processes and procedures;
– make your site useful and simple to use;
– implement marketing automation process - automated notifications, reminders, or alerts;
– teach your potential customers how to use your product/service;
– establish the most important landing page metrics to convert traffic into sales;
– monitor, retain and optimize customer experience (CX);
– optimize incoming traffic;
– define and constantly improve your service until users are satisfied with using it;
– build user databases by using adequate tools & platforms;
– transform lost users into active customers.
4. A well-constructed product grows itself without too much advertising implication
Receiving positive behavioral responses from your users will lead to products that advertise themselves. Guess what. Users that become your customers and are happy with using your trendy technology drive word-of-mouth (WOM).
A growth mindset is necessary not only in your personal life but also in the digital landscape.
Definitely, building advertising into your offer and making it part of it is a necessity. Thus you can reach your customers organically and let them know your product is worth buying and sharing. Then comes the moment when you must sustain this process through advertising campaigns and tools that will enable online spreading and virality.
In the case of a start-up, dedicating your time and effort to lead generation can prove useless in most cases. But when you focus your attention and resources on the leads you’re already generating, you can transform your users into lifelong users. In this way, your business has higher chances to become scalable and generate constant cash flow.
To conclude, an outreach strategy is anything and everything that grows a business. The choice is yours and the team's: how you bring people into your sales funnel, how you track success, and how you optimize your product around your users’ needs and wants. But the most important choices is about your product.
If you find this article relevant for your digital needs, copy-paste this link and share it with your partners/colleagues interested in online marketing. In this way, you help us grow our digital community BeEMK – Be E-Marketing. Thanks!